Friday 14 August 2015

D.I.Y Louboutin's

 
 

 

 
Happy Friday guys!!
 
So today's post is a little different to my previous ones! It is my 21st birthday in September and I really wanted some fab shoes, so I had been looking at ones online... especially admiring Christian Louboutin's infamous red soled beauties! Obviously I can't afford the real thing so I decided I would make my own for so much cheaper !
 
To begin with I shopped around for the 'perfect shoes' that will go with my birthday dress. I finally found them in the Next sale for a whole £16 from £32 (ish)!
 
I then researched the best way to paint the bottom of shoes and found that using wall paint and clear acrylic were a popular thing to use as well as a simple nail varnish and clear top coat- so I decided to use nail varnish as it would be cheaper!
 
When it came to painting the soles of my shoes, I covered the fabric around the sole with masking tape to avoid getting the paint on to the rest of the shoe. I also made sure there was no dirt on the soles before I painted them so I gave them a quick clean with soapy water which did the trick.
 
The nail varnish I used to paint the soles of these shoes was a 'Miss Sporty' red in the shade 150 (which was £1.99 a bottle I think), I got two bottles (one for each sole as the bottles are only small and need more than one layer). I then painted each sole with two coats- leaving each one to dry before I added another coat.
 
I then left them over night before adding two layers of 'Collection Top Coat' (which was about £2.99). I decided to use a clear nail varnish to keep the red on as if my nail varnish can stay on without getting chipped after working or washing up I think it can stay on the bottom of some shoes- even if it doesn't last that long!
 
Once the clear had dried my own Louboutin's were finished! I can't wait to wear this next month, and I will be doing a post on my birthday outfit- including these beauties! I hope you like this post- if so let me know and I can try and do more like this!!
 
Have a lovely weekend!
 
emillie
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment